Community discussions

MikroTik App

ziso
just joined
Topic Author

KNOT - cant beck to default configuration

Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:53 pm

I can't reset the settings to factory defaults in MikroTik Knot.

I tried:
1) Turn off the power, press the reset button, turn on the power, wait for 10 seconds - it doesn't help, even with variations (2 seconds, 20 seconds, one minute);
2) Turn off the power, turn on the power, press reset for 2 seconds - it didn't help;
3) I disassembled the Knot - I didn't find a jumper like in other devices for resetting.

How to reset the Knot to factory settings?

m3lguizo89
just joined

Re: KNOT - cant beck to default configuration

Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:50 am

hola ya pudiste solucionarlo me sucede igual

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:34 am

hola ya pudiste solucionarlo me sucede igual
Hola, bienvenido al foro, para que tengas una mejor comunicación e interacción lo mas recomendable es que utilices el idioma ingles

Hello, welcome to the forum, so that you have better communication and interaction, it is most recommended that you use the English language

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:23 am

You might just use netinstall to reset it to defaults.

But it is critical you do not press reset button MORE than 10 seconds - it should be around 6-7 seconds from power on & normally some light goes from solid to flashing, at which point you release the reset button.

While the button reset should work, but some of the KNOT came with V6 and if you install V7 but didn't upgrade the firmware...or other such combos, possible the power-on-while-pressing-reset-5ish-seconds method to reset might not work. Why netinstall (ideally from a Linux box) be more guaranteed to work (although more work to setup).