Community discussions

MikroTik App

triss
just joined
Topic Author

View DHCP snooping database

Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:27 am

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to view the dhcp snooping table, and haven't found instructions for doing so. If someone could point me to that I'd appreciate it.

tangent
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: View DHCP snooping database

Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:42 am

DHCP snooping is a feature that causes a RouterOS switch to drop DHCP service replies from ports that aren't authorized to send them, to prevent a malefactor from reconfiguring your network one host at a time. There is no "database" or "table" for this, only the per-port trusted flag.

What I suspect you actually mean to ask about is the DHCP server lease table, which is on the Leases tab of the DHCP Server window in WinBox, or in the CLI via "/ip/dhcp-server/lease/print".

triss
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:21 pm

No, I'm asking what I meant to. Most devices I've worked with that can do dhcp snooping build a table that lets you view stuff like mac, leased ip, lease time, and the vlan and interface associated with each host.

It's just helpful information to be able to see. Thanks for confirming that it isn't available on routeros.

Hamunaptra
just joined

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:37 am

Unfortunately, MikroTik devices do not natively support displaying DHCP lease information (like MAC address, leased IP, and lease time) for clients when using an external DHCP server. The DHCP snooping feature on MikroTik devices can help protect against rogue DHCP servers and provide some level of visibility into DHCP traffic, but it does not store or display detailed lease information.

The lease information is managed and stored by the external DHCP server, not the MikroTik device. To view this information, you would need to access the interface of your external DHCP server. The method to do this varies depending on the specific DHCP server software you are using.

If you need to monitor the traffic passing through the MikroTik device, you might consider using features like packet sniffing or torch, which can provide information about the source and destination MAC addresses and IP addresses of packets passing through the device.

Sorry for the disappointment.