Community discussions

MikroTik App

samratfkt
just joined
Topic Author

DHCP Lease Status Offered

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:36 am

I am using DHCP on VLAN, but the issue arises when I use Tenda routers, as they display "offered" in the DHCP Leases status.

All other routers are working fine, but the Tenda routers are having issues obtaining an IP address from MikroTik's DHCP server. I have tried connecting using a static IP, but it is not working either, with PPPoE also failing to connect.

However, when I remove the VLAN and set the DHCP server interface to Ether ports, it works fine.

Could someone tell me the possible reason behind this? Is it a MikroTik issue or a Tenda router issue? All Tenda routers are facing the same issue on the VLAN. I have uploaded the network diagram; please check that too and help me out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DHCP Lease Status Offered

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:07 pm

Are Tenda routers, on their WAN side, configured to use tagged VLANs? If they are not, then you have to configure access switches (the ones between ONUs and Tendas) and nake Tenda-facing ports as access ports for appropriate VLANs (and keep ONU-facing ports configured as trunk/tagged-only ports).

samratfkt
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:25 am

Yes, the Tenda router is connected to their WAN port.

No there is no VLAN option in the tenda routers, so I set PVID on the TPLINK switch port and then setup DHCP on the tenda router.

I have only tagged the ONU port on the switch with the vlans didn't set any PVID.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 am

Post MT's config. Without it it's not clear what you mean by saying "I am using DHCP on VLAN"...