Community discussions

MikroTik App

angelgramatikov
just joined
Topic Author

Script for LTE1 reset in access the LTE access technology is Evolved 3G (LTE)

Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Hi Guys, I am looking to get some help on how to create a script that can reset the LTE interface in case the access technology becomes Evolved 3G.

pin-status: ok
registration-status: registered
functionality: full
manufacturer: "MikroTik"
model: "R11e-LTE6"
revision: R11e-LTE6_V025
current-operator: XXXX
lac: 1100
current-cellid: 350020
enb-id: 1367
sector-id: 68
phy-cellid: 391
access-technology: Evolved 3G (LTE)
session-uptime: 12h25m42s
imei: XXXX
imsi: XXXX
uicc: XXXX
primary-band: B1@15Mhz earfcn: 525 phy-cellid: 391
rsrp: -55dBm
rsrq: -12dB
sinr: 5dB
cqi: 10
ri: 2
Once i get connected to the telco network for some time, my connection stays on LTE CA2 which is what i would like to use for the time being... but all of a sudden, for some reason, my connection is auto-downshifted to Evolved 3G without the aggregation, and my speed is getting worse...

If anyone has some already working script for the same usecase, i will be glad to share with me :)

DenSyo77
just joined

Re: Script for LTE1 reset in access the LTE access technology is Evolved 3G (LTE)

Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:15 pm

What ever if in the modem properties the network mode is left only LTE? If it doesn’t help, I recommend going to the hardware section - perhaps the guys there will tell you what to do with the modem so that it switches to the desired mode. Also can try cell lock https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/LTE

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Script for LTE1 reset in access the LTE access technology is Evolved 3G (LTE)

Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:45 pm

On the LTE interface, there should be some checkbox for "Network Mode". You can prevent it from connecting to 3G by unchecking the other box (and GSM) – so only LTE is checked.

Not all modems support selecting this, so YMMV.

Also running a continuous ping someplace (e.g. /tool/netwatch), may prevent the modem from switch modes. Possible tower doing something if there isn't a lot of traffic to deallocate CA.