Community discussions

MikroTik App

it9mbzmtk
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude mismatch router's IP address

Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:16 pm

Hi to all.

I installed The Dude server in my home router (RB4011iGS+), then installed The Dude client in my PC.
It discovered all the devices in my net, but something went wrong with the router.
The client connect to router's main IP address, but all the fatures are reachable at the device with WireGuard's IP address (172.16.0.1).
Obviously I setted the device with router's main IP address (gateway) as RouterOS Type and checked the radiobox "RouterOS" and "Dude Server" in "General" tab, but the "RouterOS Status" is always in "connecting".
Otherwise, in the device with WireGuard IP address, I can find all interfaces in "SNMP" tab.

What did I do wrong?

Many thanks in advance to who will reply to my post with any suggestion.

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: The Dude mismatch router's IP address

Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:19 pm

Dude Server is connecting to the devices from the RouterOS and it should follow routing table entries.

If we are speaking about a single device with multiple interfaces which is Dude Server as well, ROS should connect to the IP we set in the General tab.

When Device is RouterOS, we should make sure that IP/User/Password are correct and Dude IP can connect to that device via WinBox service.

1. Check you device IP in Dude
2. Check device credentials in Dude
3. Check if WinBox service if not limited by IP/Subnets in RouterOS

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 21.01.57.png
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 21.06.34.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

it9mbzmtk
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:17 pm

Dude Server is connecting to the devices from the RouterOS and it should follow routing table entries.

If we are speaking about a single device with multiple interfaces which is Dude Server as well, ROS should connect to the IP we set in the General tab.

When Device is RouterOS, we should make sure that IP/User/Password are correct and Dude IP can connect to that device via WinBox service.

1. Check you device IP in Dude
2. Check device credentials in Dude
3. Check if WinBox service if not limited by IP/Subnets in RouterOS

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 21.01.57.png
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 21.06.34.png
Hi and many thanks for the answer.

There are just two differences between your screenshots and my tabs.
First is in the device tab of Dude client, where in mine there's two MAC address: one is from ethernet interface and the other is from bridge (but also the same MAC address of another ethernet port).
The second is in Services tab of Winbox, where in mine the port of Winbox is not the standard port.
Do you think that the issue maybe is in this port difference?

The "RouterOS Status:" in Device tab, is always in "connecting".

About the device IP address, it's correct.
The credentials for Dude connection are OK and Winbox service have no limitations.

Many thanks again.

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:01 pm

The second is in Services tab of Winbox, where in mine the port of Winbox is not the standard port.
Do you think that the issue maybe is in this port difference?
Thank you for sharing that :)

We have a Dude v6/v7 - Known bugs topic and one related post there - Dude - Device RouterOS on no-standard Port.

Is there a way to check how it works with a standard WinBox port 8291?