Community discussions

MikroTik App

ROCCAT
just joined
Topic Author

Disconnect users automatically. And the values ​​are not updated.

Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:40 pm

Good morning.

In general: I have a centralized VPN service with User Manager in version 7.11.2 stable, which through a Radius server hosted on the same server manages 9 other VPN servers. The servers are configured for l2tp/ipsec connections for the clients.

UserManager+Radius Server ====== VPN Server ====== Client.

Then the following happens to me, when the client's plan expires, say due to transfer or time consumption, this within the user manager goes to used in the state of the client's profile, but the client remains connected to the VPN server to which it is assigned your account. Therefore, until the client disconnects his section on his PC or Router, neither the UserManager nor the VPN server itself is able to close the section.

This only happens when the UserManager is on a server external to the VPN itself. In the case of being on the same server, if you disconnect the section.

Likewise, the traffic and time count is not updated in real time, it is only updated when the client disconnects the VPN section.

So I come to think that it may be a bug or malfunction in the communication between the external VPN-Radius-User Manager server. Or some update parameter that is not running correctly. If anyone has any kind of solution for this there will be debate. Greetings to all.

ROCCAT
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Disconnect users automatically. And the values ​​are not updated.

Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:29 pm

I already found the solution, apparently by default the PPP Authentication&Accounting value appears dark or disabled Interim Update, just click on it and set the value 00:00:10, with this notification the VPN server is able to send to the server Radius the user's real-time statistics.

In the case of configuring the UserManager-Radius and VPN server on the same server, it is not necessary to fill out this field.

This modification only applies when the UserManager and the Radius Server are independent of the VPN server.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ROCCAT
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Disconnect users automatically. And the values ​​are not updated.

Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:30 pm

You can close the thread now