Community discussions

MikroTik App

asuz
Topic Author

carry vlans PTP

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:29 pm

Hello all, today i read much but cannot find solution by myself. I have to connect two building with PTP. How can i carry all vlans building 1 to building 2. I also neeed to connect both mikrotik SXTsq from vlan1. here is diagram. I need help from someone who is an expert on this subject.I can apply if there is ready script
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: carry vlans PTP

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

Wireless drivers by default don't touch 802.1Q headers ... so if they receive frame with such header on one side (either radio or CPU side), they will pass it to the other side. So what you have to do is to bridge wired and wireless interface on each of SXT and make both interfaces (wired and wireless) trunk ports. To get management access through one of VLANs, make bridge port tagged member of selected VLAN, create vlan interface (with appropriately set VLAN ID) and use that interface for management (add appropriate IP address and route, allow MAC access for IP-less winbox access, etc.)

Technically it's not even necessary to make bridge vlan-aware, it'll jzst pass frames between ports without looking at 802.1Q frames (the rest, including vlan interface, still needs to be done). The only thing you loose with bridge not being vlan-aware is ability to filter traffic per VLAN and per port ... in your particular use case this may not be necessary.

asuz
Topic Author

Re: carry vlans PTP

Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 am

Wireless drivers by default don't touch 802.1Q headers ... so if they receive frame with such header on one side (either radio or CPU side), they will pass it to the other side. So what you have to do is to bridge wired and wireless interface on each of SXT and make both interfaces (wired and wireless) trunk ports. To get management access through one of VLANs, make bridge port tagged member of selected VLAN, create vlan interface (with appropriately set VLAN ID) and use that interface for management (add appropriate IP address and route, allow MAC access for IP-less winbox access, etc.)

Technically it's not even necessary to make bridge vlan-aware, it'll jzst pass frames between ports without looking at 802.1Q frames (the rest, including vlan interface, still needs to be done). The only thing you loose with bridge not being vlan-aware is ability to filter traffic per VLAN and per port ... in your particular use case this may not be necessary.
Thanks, a simple wireless nv2 bridge solve my problem at my situation