Community discussions

MikroTik App

SkyWylker
just joined
Topic Author

Help with Scheduled Access Restrictions on MikroTik RB750Gr3

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to MikroTik and am facing a challenge setting up access restrictions based on specific times and user groups on my RB750Gr3.

Network Setup:
The network setup includes a simple arrangement with a non-managed 8-port passive switch. The switch is connected to the RB, and three Wi-Fi routers (1 Groove and 2 CAPs) are connected to the switch.

Objective:
I need to restrict general access to these three Wi-Fi routers during specific hours from Monday to Saturday (06:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM). Access should be fully unrestricted on Saturday afternoons and Sundays.

Requirement:
While general access is restricted, I need to allow 10 specific devices (used by directors, managers, and owners) to maintain internet access at all times. Ideally, I want to avoid setting up a separate Wi-Fi network for the management unless absolutely necessary.

Attempts Made:

1) Firewall Rules
  • I created two address lists: Allowed, for the 10 devices that need constant access, and Wifi for the three Wi-Fi routers.
    I then set up a firewall rule (Forward - Dst Add List: allowed - Accept) and placed it at the top.
    Additionally, I created two more rules (Forward - Dst Add List: wifi - Drop) and configured each rule for the specific time slots mentioned.
    Both scheduling rules activated normally, but failed to block access as Wi-Fi was still accessible to all users.

2) Kid Control
  • I tried using KidControl, but it ended up blocking all devices, including the ones that need unrestricted access.

I would greatly appreciate any step-by-step guidance, manuals, or instructional videos that could help me configure this correctly on MikroTik.

Thank you in advance for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.