1) Old RB 2011 UiAS
in Arquiteture: mipsbe
Factory Software: 6.34.3
Stable version :6.34.3 (stable)
2) New RB 3011 UiAS
in Arquiteture: arm
Factory Software:6.34.3
Stable version: 6.49.11 (stable)

And I make a backup on 1)follow this steps open cmd and: /system/backup/export file=backup
to restore I follow this steps upload the file on 2) and open cmd and: /import backup

My question is, could the difference in architecture cause operating problems?

Thanks.

Sorry but I am begginer in Mikrotik.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB 2011 UiAS vs RB 3011 UiAs

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 am

Yes and I'll even continue to say that even restoring such a backup on an exact same model might sometimes cause problems (MAC address is being taken over as well then, might cause MAC conflicts on your network if both devices remain operational).

I you want to move config from device A to B, best to make an export of the old config: /export show-sensitive file=anynameyouwish
Then import again via terminal, block by block, copy-paste, really observing default values which are already present (they are there for a reason).

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:24 am

And I'll go even further: since the old router is running ancient version of ROS, its config is very likely either customized (to the point of being butchered) or based on ancient defaults. Specially if it's the later case I'd recommend to start from default config on new router (reset to factory default, simply upgrading ROS doesn't change config) and use textual export of old config only as a reminder of what was done on old router (but try to stick to new defaults philosophy wen changing config).

gtsspmsbr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:49 pm

Yes and I'll even continue to say that even restoring such a backup on an exact same model might sometimes cause problems (MAC address is being taken over as well then, might cause MAC conflicts on your network if both devices remain operational).

I you want to move config from device A to B, best to make an export of the old config: /export show-sensitive file=anynameyouwish
Then import again via terminal, block by block, copy-paste, really observing default values which are already present (they are there for a reason).
Thank you for your reply.

I follow your command and I dont know but i receive this message:
on /export show-sensitive file=export
expected end of command (line 1 column 9)

gtsspmsbr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:51 pm

And I'll go even further: since the old router is running ancient version of ROS, its config is very likely either customized (to the point of being butchered) or based on ancient defaults. Specially if it's the later case I'd recommend to start from default config on new router (reset to factory default, simply upgrading ROS doesn't change config) and use textual export of old config only as a reminder of what was done on old router (but try to stick to new defaults philosophy wen changing config).
I tried to follow this.

Thank you mkx!

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:51 pm

on /export show-sensitive file=export
expected end of command (line 1 column 9)
export command in ROS v6 doesn't have property show-sensitive ... it's default behaviour. So simply re-run command without this property set.