Community discussions

MikroTik App

Nexius
just joined
Topic Author

RB5009 - eth 1 (2.5G) keep appears on log with link down - link up several times

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 pm

Hi all!

I have a rb5009 connected to a AP with 2.5G on eth 1.

On a "normal" day, I can see more than 20 entries saying

-interface.info - ether1 link down

-interface.info - ether1 link up (speed 2.5G, full duplex)

this entries appears within 1 or 2 seconds...

What I should do?!?!?

Should I start to be worried with this? RMA?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB5009 - eth 1 (2.5G) keep appears on log with link down - link up several times

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm

It could be either of devices.

But it could be the cable between the two devices. Ideally you'd check the cable using a professional UTP cable tester to verify that the cable is made according to specs (also frequency response and crosstalk, these tend to become a problem with high-speed links). Even if cable is OK (e.g. cat7), the termination (in patch panel or wall jack) could be done in sub-standard way, and testing it with professional tester is the only way to find that out.

Nexius
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB5009 - eth 1 (2.5G) keep appears on log with link down - link up several times

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 pm

It could be either of devices.

But it could be the cable between the two devices. Ideally you'd check the cable using a professional UTP cable tester to verify that the cable is made according to specs (also frequency response and crosstalk, these tend to become a problem with high-speed links). Even if cable is OK (e.g. cat7), the termination (in patch panel or wall jack) could be done in sub-standard way, and testing it with professional tester is the only way to find that out.
Many thanks for you promptly reply.

Would you recommend any brand?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 pm

Would you recommend any brand?

I only have experience with one particular model (some not-so-recent model by Fluke), so my recommendations aren't very relevant.