Community discussions

MikroTik App

daveq
just joined
Topic Author

Block client MAC only on 2nd Wifi AP

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:35 pm

Hello,

I'm facing issue that few Wireless devices which i have on floor 1 - Master DHCP Router Wifi (AP-A) are time to time connect to the Slave AP on Floor 0 - router Wifi (AP-B) and it leads to weak / poor signal or complete disconnect from Wireless network. Even i need to restart those clients to connect again.

So instead of putting all clients MACs on AP-B as White List - "Wireless Tables - Access list"
Can i set "Black List" for few clients?

So i can be sure that those few clients stay only on AP-A.

Thanks

TheCat12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Block client MAC only on 2nd Wifi AP

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:46 pm

Depends on which wireless package respectively menu you are using. If it's the Wireless menu, it can be done through the connect list:
/interface wireless connect-list add interface="wifi_interface" connect=no mac-address="mac_address"
If the WiFi interfaces are in the Wifiwave2 or WiFi menu, then the blocking rule would be set up in the access list:
/interface wifi access-list add mac-address="mac_address" action=reject

daveq
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:43 am

Thanks for suggestion.
Main Router 1st AP - hAP AX3
The 2nd AP is - CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD (so i assume no Wifiwave2 support)

To be honest i haven't really looked yet into the new changes Wireless / Wifiwave2 changes (i believe since 7.10+)
/interface wireless connect-list add interface="wifi_interface" connect=no mac-address="mac_address"
Here i'm adding new / 2nd Wifi interface let's say wlan2 and i will list MACs which won't be able to connect?

Or i will use it on "wlan1" with an extra rule?
/interface wireless connect-list add interface="wlan1" connect=no mac-address="mac_address"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daveq
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:01 pm

Seems like this did the trick ;)
/interface wireless connect-list add interface="wlan1" connect=no mac-address="mac_address"
What I've realized now i could also add some "Signal Strength Range" limit (i believe i read about it somewhere)
So if it's weaker then XX devices wouldn't connect, so perhaps this way i don't need to set it for each MAC...right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheCat12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:48 pm

Yes, it could be done also like that but you'll have to setup the limit most probably based on trial and error