Community discussions

MikroTik App

Zilch
just joined
Topic Author

Is the RB1100x4 still actively in production?

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:24 am

As per the title, I am wondering if the RB1100x4 is still in production.

I noticed my local Mikrotik distributor haven't had stock for at least three months, yet actively leave up the product page.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is the RB1100x4 still actively in production?

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:26 pm

RB1100AHx4 is still listed as "current device" on Mikrotik web page. So it should be able to buy it. Whether it's from old stock of from production line ... that can only Mikrotik answer (but I highly doubt they would).

As to local distributor's stock: they tend to keep in stock models that are selling good. They are not interested in keeping stock of devices which don't sell particularly well (as they risk of being left with devices which nobody wants to buy any more). So if you want to purchase one, you'll have to ask them to order one for you.

Many distributors tend to keep retired models in their product portfolio even if they can not be purchased any more (even Amazon does it) ... I don't know the reason for that though.

jaclaz
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:59 pm

Many distributors tend to keep retired models in their product portfolio even if they can not be purchased any more (even Amazon does it) ... I don't know the reason for that though.
Very likely because when you search for that exact model, their page is listed in the search results, then, when you see that it is not available (anymore) you may decide to browse the site for corresponding newer models, it is a common marketing/advertising technique.

psannz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:13 pm

As per the title, I am wondering if the RB1100x4 is still in production.

I noticed my local Mikrotik distributor haven't had stock for at least three months, yet actively leave up the product page.
It's kindof past its prime for most use cases. For 40% more you get a CCR2004-16G-2S+PC, for 40% less you get a RB5009UG+S+IN...
The only attractive part is the 60g ssd of the Dude Edition. Might look interesting for containers, buuuuut, then again, with just 1GB of RAM... do you really want that? I can see the appeal, but I'd rather add an external USB SSD (DELOCK 42588 if I needed Raid1) with its own PSU to a 5009 and be done with it.

And yes, a CCR2004 with (dual) m.2 storage options would be terrific!

The 1100x4s are still available and in stock at several places in Germany and Austria by the way.