Community discussions

MikroTik App

getfeus
just joined
Topic Author

How can I switch wireless to wifiwave2?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

My model number is wAP ac(RBwAPG-5HacD2HnD) and it looks like this model support wifiwave2.
After update FW, I can found WIFI after connect using WINBOX.
But I cannot found any interface in here.

I read wiki page(https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/WiFi) carefully and found that I have to install package wifi-qcom-ac.
So I tried next.

1. Download arm extra packages zip file.
2. Unzip
3. Copy wifi-qcom-ac-7.14.2-arm.npk
4. Open Files on Winbox
5. Copy to top path
6. Reboot

Package is not installed and file is disappeared.

Next, I tried
5. Copy to path /flash/
6. Reboot

Same. It is not able to add packages. I also tried install wirelee but it also not able to install. Is my installation method incorrect?
Please hel me. how can I switch wireless interface wlan1/2 to wifiwave2(wifi1/wifi2)?

Thanks for reading.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How can I switch wireless to wifiwave2?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am

Check the logs and see if there is a message about disk space, or some other message? e.g. Do you have any other extra-package like zerotier or iot? Or other files on the router.

The wAPac has only 16MB and with the new wifi-qcom-ac, RouterOS barely fit. A lot of folk need to use the netinstall, which re-formats the "disk", which often frees up enough space to allow wifi-qcom-ac. https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Netinstall

In 7.15, they plan on fixing the space issue to hopefully not require a netinstall...

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

On hAP ac2 I first uninstalled Wireless package and then installed Wifiwave2. Worked without a problem.

getfeus
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:09 am

On hAP ac2 I first uninstalled Wireless package and then installed Wifiwave2. Worked without a problem.
Thanks.
This reply is working.