Community discussions

MikroTik App

BRMI
just joined
Topic Author

not able to change country

Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:39 pm

I have an LHG 52 ac or RBLHGG-5HPacD2HPnD that I am trying to change the Country from United States 3 to United States on and it will not let me.
Slave-Tik] > interface wireless set country="united states"
numbers: 1
failure: country not allowed
countryissue2.JPG
countryissue.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: not able to change country

Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:08 am

The lock is in place intentionally - because device is only certified to be used with these settings.

infabo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:12 pm

yep, this would be the improved error message. "country not allowed (6)" with some unknown number in brackets leads to confusion and topics/support-tickets. (why not allowed? because of wrong config or wrong setup of depending config? because of software error? user error? hardware error? Firmware limitation? driver limitation? ROS limitation? or because of wrong checks/assertions by ROS developers (aka bug)?)

BRMI
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:56 pm

The lock is in place intentionally - because device is only certified to be used with these settings.
there are like four or five different United States possible settings and the other one that I have I can select anything, on wlan1 the 2.4GHz it allows it to be changed so I am not buy that is is locked to just that

Nullcaller
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:18 pm

I've recently bought a used hAP ac lite which was locked to 'russia3'. Re-flashing it with 'netinstall' did the trick, and now the bird is free, the sink has been let in and I guess it is ex-locked.

I don't know about the more recent products though, especially ones released in the US. Those, from what I've heard, tend to be separate models in which support of certain bands is locked on, as far as I know, a hardware level.

Though it is possible that they just have a separate radio firmware that you can change to a non-US version if you obtain a debug connection to the qualcomm chipset. Running a radio on unlicensed bands would probably still be illegal, but, you know, Hollywood movies tell us that doing things that are illegal is half the fun of being American.