Community discussions

MikroTik App

spectryx
just joined
Topic Author

ROS7 - Vlan multicasting  [SOLVED]

Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:48 pm

I have a Mikrotik RB5009 and trying to get multicasting to work between VLAN 100 and 200. I've been looking at both IGMP proxy and PIM SM, but i cant wrap my head around how to configure it and cant get it working. Vlans are working fine, its just the multicast routing bit that i dont quite understand yet.Ive tried the examples, but they dont work - i think its because the examples provided are not using vlans/bridge combo?

Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me an example? Se attached image for networtk setup. My RB5009 is configured with a single bridge using VLAN100 + 200 and port 1, 2 and 3 on the bridge.

The router is running with no WAN for learning/testing purposes, im also using the latest stable ROS7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheCat12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: ROS7 - Vlan multicasting

Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:30 pm

Have you tried the following config:
/routing igmp-proxy interface
add interface=VLAN100 upstream=yes
add interface=VLAN200

/ip firewall filter add action=accept chain=forward in-interface=VLAN100 out-interface=VLAN200
I'm not pretty sure myself if it'll work because I myself am not very familiar with multicast routing

loloski

Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:30 pm

spectryx
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:53 pm

Have you tried the following config:
/routing igmp-proxy interface
add interface=VLAN100 upstream=yes
add interface=VLAN200

/ip firewall filter add action=accept chain=forward in-interface=VLAN100 out-interface=VLAN200
I'm not pretty sure myself if it'll work because I myself am not very familiar with multicast routing
Yes, this is what i did and it is working now! My problem was having 2 NICs connected on my sender, disabled the interface not connected to the Mikrotik and it worked😊